GCAP believes rich donor governments and international institutions must urgently provide the major increase in the quantity and quality of resources necessary for the eradication of poverty and promote social justice, the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals, gender equality and guarantee the rights of children and youth. These resources must also support sustainable development, workers’ rights, migrants’ rights and the interests of marginalized groups including indigenous peoples. Resources must work to rebuild, not undermine governments and the public sector, enabling them to deliver on the rights of their citizens.
We call on donor governments and international institutions to:
- Meet and exceed the 0.7% aid target, directed to achieving community and country defined poverty eradication and sustainable development priorities that contribute to poverty eradication and sustainable development.
- Implement innovative international taxes and mechanisms for raising finance for development which is additional to 0.7% ODA-obligations.
- Implement and improve the Paris Declaration to deliver long-term, predictable, harmonised and effective aid. Aid should not be tied to contracts with companies of donor countries or linked to economic conditions that harm people, communities and the environment.
- Ensure gender sensitive progress assessments, performance monitoring and indicators for aid effectiveness.
- Meet international pledges on Education for All, Polio, Malaria, TB and the universal access to HIV/ AIDS, prevention, treatment and care, including through funding of the multi-lateral Fast Track Initiative and Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria.
- Establish a fair and just world order in which International Financial Institutions (especially the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and World Trade Organisation) operate within the broad principles enshrined under UN commitments and human rights obligations to better regulate the world economy.
- "G20 Updates and Consultations"
- "SDG Focus Areas and Indicators"
- "Post-2015: The Istanbul Meeting"
- "The Bolivian Climate Tragedy" by Carmen Capriles
- "BRICS: The Club in the Club" by Vitaliy Kartamyshev
- "The Uruguayan Experience" by Roberto Bissio
- "Post-2015 from the Grassroots" by Olivier Consolo
- "Remembering MLK"
- "GCAP Celebrates Sylvia Borren"