You are here:Home > News
Robin Hood Tax Global Week of Action 2012
Submitted by admin on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 - 20:40
A very small tax on financial transactions could raise hundreds of billions of US dollars to achieve the Millennium Development Goals and fight climate change. GCAP is partnering with Oxfam Int'l, GCCA, GCE, ITUC, Stop AIDS Alliance, 350.org and Avaaz to support a global week of action from 15 - 22 May for the Robin Hood Tax. Get involved!
Here are a few useful resources:
- Campaign Toolkit
- Read more about the global week of action here (.doc)
- Myth-Busting! Everything you need to know to counter arguments against the FTT: English | French | Spanish (.pdf files)
- 1000 Economists tell the G20 to support a Robin Hood Tax
- Who supports a Robin Hood Tax? (Quotes from business leaders, religious figures, economists and more. pdf)
|FTT Myth-busting - English (.pdf)||1.8 MB|
|FTT Myth-busting - French (.pdf)||482.65 KB|
|FTT Myth-busting - Spanish (.pdf)||1.78 MB|
- "Holding Mining Companies Accountable"
- "Ending Child Marriage" by Mohammad Zia-ur-Rehman
- "Beyond the Data" by Adelaide Sosseh
- "Get Ready to Move in 2015!"
- "Justice 2015: A Campaign Narrative"
- "Robert Bissio at the UN: Meaningful Accountabilityl"
- "Insipiring Change - Campaigning at the CSW"
- "Decent Work Now!" by Max Beckmann
- "G20 Updates and Consultations"
- "SDG Focus Areas and Indicators"
- "Post-2015: The Istanbul Meeting"
- "The Bolivian Climate Tragedy" by Carmen Capriles
- "BRICS: The Club in the Club" by Vitaliy Kartamyshev
- "The Uruguayan Experience" by Roberto Bissio
- "Post-2015 from the Grassroots" by Olivier Consolo