Global Fund helps flood-ravaged Pakistan
We’ve all seen the devastation in Pakistan caused by historic flooding, but what might have been less obvious was the impact on their health system. Imagine the challenge of getting daily medicines to people with tuberculosis or keeping up efforts to control malaria, which was already difficult before the floods.
So we were thrilled to learn from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria that they’ve jumped into action to help Pakistan recover. They’ve worked closely with the Pakistan government, a wide variety of UN partners and some of the leading non-governmental groups, focused especially on three tasks:
The Global Fund’s executive director, Michel Kazatchkine, told us, “Our collective response in Pakistan is one more example of how the Global Fund can act quickly to respond to the needs of the country and communities. It shows the flexibility of the Global Fund as an instrument, and the importance of working as a partnership.” Bravo.
- "G20 Updates and Consultations"
- "SDG Focus Areas and Indicators"
- "Post-2015: The Istanbul Meeting"
- "The Bolivian Climate Tragedy" by Carmen Capriles
- "BRICS: The Club in the Club" by Vitaliy Kartamyshev
- "The Uruguayan Experience" by Roberto Bissio
- "Post-2015 from the Grassroots" by Olivier Consolo
- "Remembering MLK"
- "GCAP Celebrates Sylvia Borren"