Global Fund helps flood-ravaged Pakistan
We’ve all seen the devastation in Pakistan caused by historic flooding, but what might have been less obvious was the impact on their health system. Imagine the challenge of getting daily medicines to people with tuberculosis or keeping up efforts to control malaria, which was already difficult before the floods.
So we were thrilled to learn from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria that they’ve jumped into action to help Pakistan recover. They’ve worked closely with the Pakistan government, a wide variety of UN partners and some of the leading non-governmental groups, focused especially on three tasks:
The Global Fund’s executive director, Michel Kazatchkine, told us, “Our collective response in Pakistan is one more example of how the Global Fund can act quickly to respond to the needs of the country and communities. It shows the flexibility of the Global Fund as an instrument, and the importance of working as a partnership.” Bravo.
"As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
Cambodia at a Crossroads
- Action/2015 - Launching Today
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"
- "GCAP Japan: More and Better Aid!"
- "Land Rights Now!"
- "In a Time of Ebola, Lobbying for Action on Poverty"
- "Cambodia: New Laws Would Limit Freedoms"
- El Salvador: Climate Action
- iMove Launch: Cambodia, India, Korea, Philippines
- "This is our life in Afghanistan" by Raz Dalili
- iMove for Justice, Peace & Equality
- action/2015 Asia
- Global Forum on Disability
- "Holding Mining Companies Accountable"
- "Ending Child Marriage" by Mohammad Zia-ur-Rehman
- "Beyond the Data" by Adelaide Sosseh
- "Get Ready to Move in 2015!"
- "Justice 2015: A Campaign Narrative"
- "Robert Bissio at the UN: Meaningful Accountabilityl"
- "Insipiring Change - Campaigning at the CSW"