Meeting up in Nashville and Columbia
This week in the Southern Atlantic region, Congressional District Leaders Abby Sasser and Brandon Green hosted ONE member Meet-Ups in Nashville, TN and Columbia, SC, respectively. Abby and Brandon invited local advocates to screen and discuss the Lazarus Effect, the (RED) documentary that demonstrates how small US investments in HIV/AIDS treatment go a LONG way to save millions of lives in the developing world. When they come home for the upcoming August recess, you can bet that members of Congress in both these states will hear this message directly from their constituents! After the film screenings, they submitted handwritten letters to their congressmen and senators requesting meetings to advocate for the Global Fund to fight preventable, treatable diseases.
ONE district meet-up becomes ONE in-district meeting which can result in ONE more advocate in Congress for the world’s poorest people! Think of the impact that we can have when we lift our voices as ONE all across the country!
"The Global Call to Action Against Poverty can take its place as a public movement alongside the movement to abolish slavery and the international solidarity against apartheid." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
- GCAP at the COP21 in Paris
- Solidarity Justice and Freedom. A statement after the recent terror attacks
- International Civil Society Call to Address Inequalities and Social Justice in Climate
- The New York Declaration
- CSO letter to Vice President Timmermans on the 2030 Agenda
- GCAP response to Addid Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA)
- Reactive on Zero Draft Post 2015
- From Labour Rights to Citizen Participation - the first 16 days of May Mobilisations
- Climate Justice, All Ages and Sexual and Reproductive Rights - May Mobilisations Continue
- The Elephant is Waiting!
- GCAP Statement on Forests, Food, & Nutrition
- GCAP Solidarity with Nepal
- Release the five Women Activists Now!
- Launch of action/2015
- A Red Flag for the United Nations
- Action/2015 - Launching Today
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"
- "GCAP Japan: More and Better Aid!"
- "Land Rights Now!"
- "In a Time of Ebola, Lobbying for Action on Poverty"