Meeting up in Nashville and Columbia
This week in the Southern Atlantic region, Congressional District Leaders Abby Sasser and Brandon Green hosted ONE member Meet-Ups in Nashville, TN and Columbia, SC, respectively. Abby and Brandon invited local advocates to screen and discuss the Lazarus Effect, the (RED) documentary that demonstrates how small US investments in HIV/AIDS treatment go a LONG way to save millions of lives in the developing world. When they come home for the upcoming August recess, you can bet that members of Congress in both these states will hear this message directly from their constituents! After the film screenings, they submitted handwritten letters to their congressmen and senators requesting meetings to advocate for the Global Fund to fight preventable, treatable diseases.
ONE district meet-up becomes ONE in-district meeting which can result in ONE more advocate in Congress for the world’s poorest people! Think of the impact that we can have when we lift our voices as ONE all across the country!
- "G20 Updates and Consultations"
- "SDG Focus Areas and Indicators"
- "Post-2015: The Istanbul Meeting"
- "The Bolivian Climate Tragedy" by Carmen Capriles
- "BRICS: The Club in the Club" by Vitaliy Kartamyshev
- "The Uruguayan Experience" by Roberto Bissio
- "Post-2015 from the Grassroots" by Olivier Consolo
- "Remembering MLK"
- "GCAP Celebrates Sylvia Borren"