GCAP Participates in First Meeting of the Post-2015 High Level Panel in Monrovia
We have come along way and hope we can reflect on the collective effort and the unity displayed thus far, however, the journey has just began. With regional and global consultation in full swing, we must be alert and strategic to ensuring the voices that matter shape the outcome/post 2015 framework thus the need to push and trigger the national consultation couldn't be more greater. Apart from Mozambique and South Africa no other African countries out of the 24 have began the national consultation. At the conference the issue was flagged as critical one and theirs was a consensus to empower CSOs and grassroots/community based organisations at all levels with the necessary information to trigger the national process and facilitate their active engagement and voices in those spaces. With that said, please see the attached documents and communiques from the consultations. We hope countries around the world will connect to the consultation processes ongoing in Africa, so that we can build synergy in civil society to create the World We Want.
"As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
Cambodia at a Crossroads
- GCAP Solidarity with Nepal
- Release the five Women Activists Now!
- Launch of action/2015
- A Red Flag for the United Nations
- Action/2015 - Launching Today
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"
- "GCAP Japan: More and Better Aid!"
- "Land Rights Now!"
- "In a Time of Ebola, Lobbying for Action on Poverty"
- "Cambodia: New Laws Would Limit Freedoms"
- El Salvador: Climate Action
- iMove Launch: Cambodia, India, Korea, Philippines
- "This is our life in Afghanistan" by Raz Dalili
- iMove for Justice, Peace & Equality
- action/2015 Asia
- Global Forum on Disability
- "Holding Mining Companies Accountable"
- "Ending Child Marriage" by Mohammad Zia-ur-Rehman
- "Beyond the Data" by Adelaide Sosseh