GCAP Participates in First Meeting of the Post-2015 High Level Panel in Monrovia
We have come along way and hope we can reflect on the collective effort and the unity displayed thus far, however, the journey has just began. With regional and global consultation in full swing, we must be alert and strategic to ensuring the voices that matter shape the outcome/post 2015 framework thus the need to push and trigger the national consultation couldn't be more greater. Apart from Mozambique and South Africa no other African countries out of the 24 have began the national consultation. At the conference the issue was flagged as critical one and theirs was a consensus to empower CSOs and grassroots/community based organisations at all levels with the necessary information to trigger the national process and facilitate their active engagement and voices in those spaces. With that said, please see the attached documents and communiques from the consultations. We hope countries around the world will connect to the consultation processes ongoing in Africa, so that we can build synergy in civil society to create the World We Want.
"The Global Call to Action Against Poverty can take its place as a public movement alongside the movement to abolish slavery and the international solidarity against apartheid." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
- Solidarity, Justice and Freedom
- GCAP at the COP21 in Paris
- Solidarity Justice and Freedom. A statement after the recent terror attacks
- International Civil Society Call to Address Inequalities and Social Justice in Climate
- The New York Declaration
- CSO letter to Vice President Timmermans on the 2030 Agenda
- GCAP response to Addid Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA)
- Reactive on Zero Draft Post 2015
- From Labour Rights to Citizen Participation - the first 16 days of May Mobilisations
- Climate Justice, All Ages and Sexual and Reproductive Rights - May Mobilisations Continue
- The Elephant is Waiting!
- GCAP Statement on Forests, Food, & Nutrition
- GCAP Solidarity with Nepal
- Release the five Women Activists Now!
- Launch of action/2015
- A Red Flag for the United Nations
- Action/2015 - Launching Today
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"
- "GCAP Japan: More and Better Aid!"
- "Land Rights Now!"