The last few years have been landmarks in the global fight against poverty. Launched in January of 2005, the Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP) has organized three key WhiteBand days: the G8 in Gleneagles, the Millenium Summit in New York and the WTO Ministerial meeting in Hong Kong.
Since then GCAP has continued to grow, mobilising millions around the world. It is up to us to work together to end the injustices that cause poverty and inequality; join us as we continue to demand action to end poverty and inequality around the world.
Fill out our Contact Form and ask to be put in touch with a GCAP National Coalition in your country.
Stay updated & connected with GCAP around the world through our National Coalition News Feeds.
"As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
- "This is our life in Afghanistan" by Raz Dalili
- iMove for Justice, Peace & Equality
- action/2015 Asia
- Global Forum on Disability
- "Holding Mining Companies Accountable"
- "Ending Child Marriage" by Mohammad Zia-ur-Rehman
- "Beyond the Data" by Adelaide Sosseh
- "Get Ready to Move in 2015!"
- "Justice 2015: A Campaign Narrative"
- "Robert Bissio at the UN: Meaningful Accountabilityl"
- "Insipiring Change - Campaigning at the CSW"
- "Decent Work Now!" by Max Beckmann
- "G20 Updates and Consultations"
- "SDG Focus Areas and Indicators"
- "Post-2015: The Istanbul Meeting"
- "The Bolivian Climate Tragedy" by Carmen Capriles
- "BRICS: The Club in the Club" by Vitaliy Kartamyshev