What is RSS?
RSS (RDF Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication) is a language a website can use to produce summaries of its recently updated content in a form which personal news readers and other websites can republish. RSS feeds allow users to read headlines from many different websites at once. Instead of repeatedly checking your favorite sites, you can check your news aggregator service in a web browser or through an email client. From your web-based or desktop news aggregator you will see latest headlines and teasers from feeds to which you subscribe. These headlines are linked to corresponding content on the original website that produced it.
Think of it this way – instead of going to websites to see what is new, subscribe to their feeds and receive the updates like you receive email, either to a web-based aggregator (like web mail) or a desktop aggregator (like email with an email client, but easier to setup).
"The Global Call to Action Against Poverty can take its place as a public movement alongside the movement to abolish slavery and the international solidarity against apartheid." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
- Solidarity, Justice and Freedom
- GCAP at the COP21 in Paris
- Solidarity Justice and Freedom. A statement after the recent terror attacks
- International Civil Society Call to Address Inequalities and Social Justice in Climate
- The New York Declaration
- CSO letter to Vice President Timmermans on the 2030 Agenda
- GCAP response to Addid Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA)
- Reactive on Zero Draft Post 2015
- From Labour Rights to Citizen Participation - the first 16 days of May Mobilisations
- Climate Justice, All Ages and Sexual and Reproductive Rights - May Mobilisations Continue
- The Elephant is Waiting!
- GCAP Statement on Forests, Food, & Nutrition
- GCAP Solidarity with Nepal
- Release the five Women Activists Now!
- Launch of action/2015
- A Red Flag for the United Nations
- Action/2015 - Launching Today
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"
- "GCAP Japan: More and Better Aid!"
- "Land Rights Now!"